Maureen Callahan Ward
Attorney Maureen Callahan Ward takes a highly personal approach to the practice of elder law, estate planning and closely related areas. She takes the time to explain legal tools and strategies in plain English so that clients can understand their options and make informed decisions based upon their particular needs and values. Maureen is also committed to establishing strong, long-lasting relationships with her clients. She is still in touch with the families of clients she worked with 40 years ago, including their children and grandchildren. Many of her clients have become close friends.
Maureen’s professional background makes her uniquely qualified to meet the planning needs of seniors, individuals and families of all ages. In addition to being experienced in elder law and estate planning, in 1997 and 1998, Maureen earned the Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designations.
Maureen began her career some 40 years ago in the insurance industry, protecting the economic interests of young families, singles and the elderly alike, and mastering planning tools such as annuities, life insurance and long-term care insurance. She then transitioned into health care management, where she experienced firsthand the inner workings of the health care industry as well as the challenges people face in getting the care they need—and how to pay for it. During this time, she contracted with Medicaid, Medicare, state and local government and learned the intricacies of their complex systems.
Following her 12-year tenure in health care management, Maureen founded Millennium Wealth Inc. of Florida, an independent financial planning firm, where she focused on estate planning, wealth transfer (including long-term care planning) and creative uses of life insurance and annuities.
Maureen earned her Juris Doctor in 2007. As Founder and President of Ward Law Offices, she combines the knowledge gleaned from her previous professional experiences with a mastery of the law to help her clients address their concerns and achieve their goals.
- Juris Doctor, Florida State University College of Law-2007
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), The American College-1998
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), The American College-1998
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards-1997
- Bachelor of Science, Kent State University-1973
- The American Bar Association
- The North Carolina Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
Activities and Awards
- Florida State University Student Bar Association class representative
- Florida State University Student Bar Association treasurer
- Florida State University Transnational Law Journal invitee
- Florida State University Business Law Review Journal member
- Florida State University Foundation scholarship recipient
- Tallahassee, Florida Highgrove Homeowners’ Association treasurer
- Healthy Kids Corporation of Florida board member and treasurer (recipient of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant)
- Voluntary work with various charities including March of Dimes, United Way and, most recently, the Patriot Foundation (serving the soldiers of Fort Bragg and their families)